Understanding Leader Bias: 5 Sources
October 12, 2011 Leave a comment
5 Sources for Understanding and Avoiding Leader Bias
1. “The Vision Renewal Process: How to Achieve Bias-Free Leadership” Sondra Thiederman, Ph.D. Worforce Diversity Network
2. “Your Leadership Bias” Dave Jensen, Dave Jensen on Leadership
3. ”How do Leaders Avoid Bias?” Richard Charkin, Common Purpose Blog
4. “Avoiding Bias” Bob Korn, Responsible Thinking: Principles
5. “APA Stylistics: Avoiding Bias” Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Linda Fisher Thornton is CEO/Owner of Leading in Context. She can be reached at Linda@LeadinginContext.com.
Her leader module titled “Ethical Implications of How Leaders Perceive ‘Different’” includes a framework for thinking about the impact of leadership bias and includes a case study for discussion.
You are invited to access the full benefits that Leading in Context provides to customers and subscribers: