As we head into the New Year, here are some questions for us to ask ourselves as leaders:
1. In what ways does it strengthen our leadership message when we are open to listening to the points of view of others?
2. When we disagree, how often are we doing so in the spirit of learning, rather than the spirit of “rightness?”
3. How well do we attack problems together, and avoid attacking people and groups?
4. How well do we understand that our view of the world is based on our unique background and experiences, and that everyone else’s is too?
5. How well are we demonstrating respect for others in our daily practices?
6. How often do we avoid making snap judgments about ideas that are “different” from ours?
7. How well do we resist the temptation to prove others “wrong” when we are listening to them?
8. How well do we understand that opinions that differ from ours can be true without our perspective necessarily being false?
9. How well are we adapting our leadership to the kind needed in today’s global society?
10. How well are we using our leadership in positive service to others, our organizations and our global society?
© 2011 Leading in Context LLC
2014 Axiom Business Book Award Winner About 7 Lenses Info@LeadinginContext.com @leadingincontxt @7Lenses