By Linda Fisher Thornton
How Does Ethical Leadership Impact “Brand?”
Our “brand” is determined in part by our ethical leadership choices. These connected trends increase what is expected of us, and make it important for us to manage ethical leadership carefully:
- In a socially connected world, our leadership is more visible
- Citizen journalism means that everyone has a voice (and may speak out about their experience with our brand)
- Employees are seeking out ethical organizations and agencies where they can do their best work
- Organizations and agencies are judged based on the ethics of the entire supply chain
- There is a higher expectation for ethical behavior and more pressure on leaders to lead responsibly
How Can We Develop Ethical Leaders Who Will Build an Ethical Brand?
I was recently invited to co-present an ASTD Public Manager Webcast “Developing Ethical Leaders and an Ethical Government Brand” with John Umana. While the Webcast which aired on March 19, 2013 was customized for government HR and Training leaders, the content is applicable across industries. ASTD has now posted the recorded webcast and made it available to the public.
The Webcast includes:
- Three very different perspectives on ethical leadership
- Specific strategies for developing ethical leaders and an ethical brand
- Managing ethical leadership as a performance system rather than a program
- Understanding many connected aspects of building an ethical culture
Viewing the Webcast
This Webcast will help C-Suite leaders and HR/Training professionals discover the answers to these questions:
- What exactly is ethical leadership?
- How does an organization’s ethical leadership impact its brand?
- How is moral development related to ethical leadership?
- How should ethical leadership training be connected to the performance management system?
- What can we do to build an ethical culture?
To learn more about developing ethical leaders, see the complete ASTD Webcast Developing Ethical Leader and an Ethical Government Brand at http://www.webvent.tv/webinar/572.
2014 Bronze Axiom Business Book Award Winner About 7 Lenses Info@LeadinginContext.com @leadingincontxt @7Lenses
© 2013 Leading in Context LLC