By Linda Fisher Thornton
I wonder what our workplaces would be like if every leader cared. Most leaders care about their own well-being. But what if every leader cared about others? How would things be different?
In an organization where every leader cared, wouldn’t we experience improved employee engagement and customer retention? Wouldn’t it be easier to recruit and retain talented and dedicated employees? Wouldn’t we be able to get more done?
If Every Leader Cared
- Employees would pass the care they received on to coworkers, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Those happy coworkers, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders would pass the care on…
- And we would all approach our work with more empathy and understanding
- Each worker could accomplish more with caring support
- And the organization would be more efficient and effective
- Attracting customers, suppliers, and partners who cared…
This video is a great conversation starter about the importance of care and empathy for others. Use it to have conversations today about what it means to provide caring leadership in your organization.
I’ve named some scenarios that could happen in an organization where every leader cared. What would you add?
Prepare Your Leaders For Ethical Leadership Future – Help Them Learn To See Through The 7 Lenses.
Includes case examples and questions.
LeadinginContext.com Unleash the Positive Power of Ethical Leadership®
©2015 Leading in Context LLC