By Linda Fisher Thornton
In How Do You Recognize an Ethical Leader (Part 1) I shared 3 special qualities and behaviors that define ethical leadership. These three additional leadership outcomes even more directly impact others in a positive way.
Ethical Leaders INSPIRE
- Bringing out the best in others is seen as the goal of leadership
- Supporting people at the same time as stretched to bring out their potential
- Using the kind of behavior and leadership that leads others to make ethical choices
Ethical Leaders CARE
- Showing consistent empathy and concern for others
- Demonstrating care with no ulterior motive
- Being sincerely interested in others and their wellbeing and success
Ethical Leaders PROTECT
- Protecting people from harm through the use of ethical and systems thinking
- Protecting the planet we depend on from harm for the benefit of future generations
- Extending protection fairly without regard for status or power
The roles of inspiring, caring, and protecting are ones that responsible leaders embrace, as their focus is on others, not on themselves.
Watch for examples this week of leaders who inspire, care and protect. Next week I’ll share three more ways to recognize an ethical leader in part 3 of this series.
Unleash the Positive Power of Ethical Leadership
© 2022 Leading in Context LLC