What Does it Mean to “Be a Leader?”
July 6, 2016 2 Comments
By Linda Fisher Thornton
Leadership is not about being “in charge” or standing “at the front of the room” or “exercising personal power.” Authentic ethical leadership flips that paradigm.
The authentic ethical leader is:
- Standing beside, encouraging, supporting, guiding
- Standing in the back offering encouragement
- Stepping aside when people are capable of doing the work without support
- Stepping forward to remove obstacles and clear the path for success
- Taking responsibility and sharing credit
- Being available and ready to help
This is the work of leadership.
Do not be fooled by someone trying to use power for personal gain. Bottom line — If it’s loud, self-serving and egotistical, it’s not leadership.
Prepare Your Leaders For Ethical Leadership Future – Help Them Learn To See Through The 7 Lenses®.
Click the cover to read a free preview!
Unleash the Positive Power of Ethical Leadership®
©2016 Leading in Context LLC