By Linda Fisher Thornton
Many thanks to Leading in Context friends and followers for a wonderful 2015. I appreciate your active involvement in the movement – special thanks to all who shared posts, posted comments and let me know what they wanted to learn more about. I am grateful for the global conversation about the positive leadership we need for a better future.
This New Year, as we head into 2016, I urge you to reach for Insight.
Insight is much deeper than observation, and it can mean a variety of powerful and life-changing things:
- An understanding of “the inner nature of things” (Wikipedia, Insight)
- An “aha moment” when things make sense and seem clear
- Discovering a simple solution to a long-standing problem
- Achieving a sudden and profound understanding of our own capabilities and challenges
- Getting a glimpse of who we could be at our very best
Insight is especially important in leadership. Without it, we may cling to outdated notions of the purpose of leadership. With it, we may inspire many others to do great things.
Insight is especially important now because we are leading in a time of information overload. Without it, we can miss the deeper meaning. With it, we can help others see beyond the flashy messages to the values that matter.
This year, aim high, striving to be a leader who helps others achieve insight and who brings out the best in people, organizations and communities.
Ask Your Team These 5 Questions:
- How directly do we contribute to our organization’s mission, and how can we transform our mindset and approach to support it more deeply?
- What routine tasks could we automate or eliminate so that we can spend time on what really matters?
- How could we help our organization move from a focus on the week or the quarter to a focus on its impact over the next hundred years?
- How well are we honoring all 7 Lenses of Ethical Leadership in our decision making and actions? (See this video for an introduction to the 7 Lenses and this Manifesto that explains the thinking process behind the 7 Lenses framework)
- What is one thing that we could improve that would take our work to a higher level of positive impact in the organization, the community and the world?
Leaders, make it a priority to reach past the noise and past day-to-day pressures. Seek Insight in 2016.
Prepare Your Leaders For Ethical Leadership Future – Help Them Learn To See Through The 7 Lenses®.
Includes case examples and questions.
LeadinginContext.com Unleash the Positive Power of Ethical Leadership®
©2016 Leading in Context LLC
Reblogged this on Gr8fullsoul.
Thanks for your feedback, Gabriel. Have a Happy New Year!
Thanks Linda for your minding probing posts. Every New Year is saturated with numerous gifts, graces and lots of surprises. Giving the accurate answers to the 5 insight seeking In The New Year could assist in tremendously to attain these gifts and surprises. Wishing you and your family a precious and a prosperous 2016.
Thank you for keeping the conversation going about responsible leadership, Dennis. Happy New Year!
Thanks Linda for all of your great work. Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year.