By Linda Fisher Thornton
As a global community, we have learned some things this year. Business leaders have learned that ethical leadership transforms organizational metrics. Global citizens have learned that values are the most important defining characteristics of nations, and if we don’t operate from a base of values we descend into conflict and chaos.
Perhaps 2018 will be THE YEAR. Maybe based on everything that has happened this year, it will be the year we:
- Agree on values first, then on operational details
- Lead from understanding and collaboration rather than a quest to “win” at others’ expense
- Select leaders who are grounded in ethical values and know how to apply them in every context
- Raise the bar on ourselves as the world changes, to stretch and grow into rising ethical expectations
- Reach out instead of lash out
As we head into the holiday season, I wish you great joy, peace and understanding. May we all become better at seeing the things that bind us together (and the things that don’t) for what they really are.
I wish you great joy, peace and understanding this holiday season. Thank you for putting the Leading in Context Blog in the Feedspot Top Leadership RSS Feeds in 2017!
Click the cover to read a free preview!
©2017 Leading in Context LLC